Upcoming Events &
Special Congregational Meeting - March 31 at 10:45 AM
Church Council President, Jason Freeman, has called for a special congregational meeting immediately following the 9:45 worship service in Life Worship Center. The meeting's only agenda item will be to take a first vote on proposed changes to the St. Mark's constitution.
Two Voices, One Song
Organ-Piano Duet Program
3:00 PM, Sunday, March 31 at St. Mark's
Barb Ritchie and Diane Beach will share their love of music in an inspiring program intended for all ages. The concert is free and sponsored by the St. Mark's Lutheran Church Foundation. A reception in the Crossings will follow the program.
Alpha Reunion Weekend Away
There is an exciting upcoming event for anyone who has taken the Alpha Course. We are offering an “Alpha Reunion Weekend Away” at beautiful Honey Creek Resort on Rathbun Lake. Come be renewed in your relationship with God and each other at this Holy Spirit Retreat, April 26-28. For more info, mark your communication card or come to the info table in the Crossings Sunday morning.
We are in need of volunteers to help in the Crossings Café on Sunday mornings. It's a great way to meet people and you can choose the dates and hours that work best for your schedule. If you enjoy coming to the Café, please consider taking a turn to help. Please mark your Sunday morning communication card or sign up in the kitchen.
Our 11:00 am Hospitality Teams are looking for additional volunteers to join them. This is a great to meet new people and a fun way to serve. The commitment is just for 3 months during the year. If you're interested or would like to know more, please mark your Sunday morning communication card.
What Now? is a small group for retired (or nearly retired) persons (of any marital status), that consider themselves active and independent. The group is meeting Thursday, March 14 at 7:00 pm in Cafe Ablaze to their regular monthly gathering and will planning upcoming events. Friends are always welcome! Contact Sarah Bartlett at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Mission of Hope
The next serving opportunity at Mission of Hope is Friday, March 15, 2019. If you are able to donate food, or help prepare or serve the meal, please click here to sign up. Thank you!
50+ Fellowship Potluck
Please join 50+ on Thursday, March 28 at 11:30 am for another fabulous lunch in The Crossings. Please bring a dish to share and your own table service. See you there!
Days for Girls
Every girl and woman has inherent worth and dignity. Days for Girls celebrates this by providing washable menstrual hygiene solutions, health education, and social enterprises to help them reach the last mile in their own communities.
If you would like to help put together Days for Girls kits, you are invited to join in on any of the following workshops at St. Mark's:
- Monday, March 11 - 3:30-6:30 pm
- Saturday, March 23 - 9 am-12 pm
- Saturday, April 13 - 9 am-12 pm
- Monday, April 29 - 3:30-6:30 pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 9 am-12 pm
- Monday, May 20 - 3:30-6:30 pm
- Saturday, June 8 - 9 am-12 pm
- Monday, June 17 - 3:30-6:30 pm
You are welcome to come and go at your convenience. No sewing skills required! Bring a sewing machine or serger if you want to sew.
Donations Wish List
- 100% Cotton Fabric—Medium/dark to dark colors, in busy stain-hiding designs, such as florals. Because of cultural considerations, we need to avoid prints depicting weapons, people/animals with faces, insects (butterflies are OK), camouflage, religion, words or holidays. Avoid solids
- Cotton Flannel - 100% cotton - same color & design restrictions as above
- Fabric for Bags - Can be 100% cotton or cotton poly at least 50% cotton, Same color & design restrictions as above
- Polyester thread 100% Bright/dark colors
- Panties - Cotton—briefs, bikini or hipsters are best, no thongs, boy shorts or string bikinis. Sizes-Girls 10-16 or Women’s size 4,5,6 - If a few white or light colors are in the package we can dye them, but choose bright colors with the same design restrictions as above
- Ziploc bags - 1 gallon sized Only Ziploc Brand, only FREEZER & No zippers
- Washcloths - 100% cotton only (inexpensive ok), Dark/bright colors, if a few white or light colors are in the package we can dye them
- Rotary cutter blades - 45mm
If you know anyone that is looking for something to donate let Crystal know or click here to make a donation directly to Marion Days for Girls. Crystal and her team would also be very grateful to be considered when allocating your annual Thrivent dollars.
Mat Making for Haiti Children!
Break out those crochet hooks and join us in this project from the heart - that also helps save the planet! Join us as we make mats for the children of Haiti. Questions? For details and dates contact Sarah Bartlett at 447-0100 or email@example.com.